1 day per week- flexible
For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do. Our services support people with a disability, young people, children, families, those escaping domestic violence, and those leaving prison, among others.
Our vision is to build communities where there is care for the vulnerable and where each individual has the opportunity to contribute and participate fully in community life.
We want to work with people who believe in this vision and are genuinely committed to making a difference to their community.
headspace Kempsey is one of our rural hubs, which make up a team of health professionals that provide support and therapeutic services to young people 12 – 25 years in the areas of: mental health, drug and alcohol, primary health and educational and vocational services.
About the role
We are currently looking for experienced Practice Nurse to provide part-time support to our headspace facility in Kempsey. The current opportunity is for one day per week (0.2 FTE) with the possibility of growth.
This is an opportunity to truly give back to the community, and would be ideally suited to someone with experience in mental health, and providing services to youth and families. Our practice nurses have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other Private Allied Health Providers, General Practitioners and experienced intake and assessment team. You will also have the opportunity to work in collaboration with our government and non-government partner services.
- Qualifications as an Enrolled or Registered Nurse
- Current Medical Registration with the AHPRA
- Experience with developing and implementing mental health care plans
- A current Working with Children Check
In addition, applicants must be willing to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
What are the benefits of working with us?
- The opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including our headspace Intake and Assessment team, General Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers, Drug and Alcohol Workers and Early Intervention Youth Workers for case discussion & seamless referrals
- Support from our reception staff to schedule and confirm appointments for clients
- Assistance for clients to access a range of community support services including accommodation, vocational, education and training, family therapy and financial assistance
- Access to additional employment benefits offered by the Samaritans Foundation including salary packaging, access to Fitness Passport and our Payroll Giving Program.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your CV below. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Samaritans promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third-party applications please.