- Strategic, autonomous and exciting project role
- Opportunity to create new model of care and improve outcomes for clients with dementia
- Will be well supported by clinical experts, researchers and management
Transition Care Program - Project Officer (Allied Health or Psychology)
Monash Health is excited to announce a Department of Health funded project:
Non-Pharmacological Management of Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia in Bed Based Transition Care Program.
About Transition Care Program at Monash Health
The Transition Care Program (TCP) is a major policy initiative between the State and Commonwealth Governments
The TCP aims to minimise the number of older people experiencing inappropriate extended hospital lengths of stay, being prematurely admitted to residential care and/or prevent unnecessary presentations or admission to the Emergency Department. The program provides short term support and active management for older people at the interface of the acute/subacute and aged care (i.e., Community and Residential) sector. The program is goal orientated to optimise the patient’s functional capacity and to finalise and access their long-term care arrangements or maintenance at home.
At Monash Health TCP we provide 48 beds as part of a mutli-disciplinary bed-based service and 30 home-based beds. By offering case management, low intensity therapy and personal support, TCP allows older people more time and support in a non-hospital environment to complete their restorative processes, optimise their functional capacity and finalise their long-term care arrangements.We have a large, multi-disciplinary team consisting of social workers, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, dietitician, exercise physiologist, geriatrician, speech pathologist.
About The Role
We are excited to announce new Project Officer role (0.6 EFT, temporary - 48 week position)
- various facilities
- located within bed-based service
In this newly created project role, the Project Officer, will lead the project team, which includes a Music Therapist and Psychologist, as well as work closely with the TCP Manager, Senior Clinicians and multi-disciplinary team, to ensure the design and delivery of project objectives.
You have been developing your project and leadership skills and are an experienced psychologist or allied health professional.
You demonstrate highly developed communication skills with proven results driving clinical change and innovation. You are client centred and thrive working in a dynamic, complex environments. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles and have experience in the care of the older person.
You Are Also
- committed to a quality improvement and have project experience
- passionate about evidence based care and cognisant of implementation science principles
- committed to delivering person centred care & understand principles of co-design
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- have developed professional writing and time management skills
What You Need
- Relevant Qualification (aligned to position description)
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement/research
- Current AHPRA registration (if required for your professional background)
- Australian driving licence
- Australian working rights
What We Offer
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will bemade.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via MyGov.
ApplyNOWto join our TCP team at Monash Health!