- Full time (1.0 FTE), permanent role
- Join our dynamic, diverse team with innovative and stimulating work environment
- Well-developed intranet and paperless system
- Opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in Medicines Information
- Are you an experienced pharmacist looking to take the next step in your career? If yes, then this is the position for you!
We are looking for a full time, permanent pharmacist to join our Medicines Information (MI) Department at Auckland City Hospital.
We aim to ensure that independent, evaluated and timely information about medicines is provided across Auckland DHB. You will join the dynamic Medicines Governance team of 10 FTE pharmacists across Medication Safety, Medicines Information and Informatics. Our team works collaboratively to maintain and develop a high quality and efficient MI service.
In this role, you will respond to queries, organise staff and student training and coordinate review of medicine-related documents across all directorates. There are also opportunities to further develop leadership skills by providing support and deputising for the MI manager. You will be able to apply your clinical pharmacy skills and knowledge in the office and ward settings, and contribute to projects within the wider Medicines Governance team.
You may be required to participate in the early, late and Saturday dispensary roster, Public Holiday Roster, and the out of hours Emergency Duties commitment provided by the Department of Pharmacy. We are open to working with the successful applicant on flexible working arrangements.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Either registered or be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Relevant pharmacy experience (including at least three years hospital practice or 6 months working in Medicines Information). A postgraduate clinical qualification is desirable.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff whilst showing drive, enthusiasm and initiative
- Experience in computerised delivery of medicines information, evidence of practice research and staff training is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop close working relationships and work in a bicultural environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
Click here to view the position description
Would love to know more about the role? You can contact Nicola Seto, Medicines Information Manager on 09 307 4949 ext. 29632 or emailNSeto@adhb.govt.nz
Still not sure? Click here to see more reasons to join us!
To applyplease click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Coordinator onAaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz, quoting #ADHB14113S to discuss how we can best support your application
Click here to view details about our recruitment process