Established in 1938, Fresh Hope Care, an Agency of Fresh Hope (Churches of Christ in NSW), is a not-for-profit Christian organisation providing Aged Care throughout metropolitan and regional NSW. Fresh Hope Care operates Independent Living Retirement Villages and Residential Care and Day Respite Services and employs a team of over 900 staff. Fresh Hope Care provides high quality supportive care and services in an environment where the dignity, privacy and quality of life of all residents is paramount. For more information please visit www.freshhopecare.org.au.
We have an exciting opportunity to invite a new Physiotherapist to join our team. Your role as Physiotherapist is a pivotal part of our staff and residents’ lives in our Care Facility. The Physiotherapist will be responsible for providing best practice, professional and holistic physiotherapist services to residents within the residential aged care facility.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the suitability of particular interventions and modalities for movement related dysfunction, neurological and musculoskeletal disorders and prescribing appropriate treatments for these conditions, as well as effectively working in other areas including fall and injury risk minimisation, incident management and education;
- Prescribing exercise programs appropriate for residents or groups of residents;
- Providing resident lifestyle and wellness advice;
- Creating an inclusive environment in which residents and families/representatives are at the center of all processes and employees are fully engaged;
- Oversee and provide leadership and direction of all matters related to physiotherapy and pain management in consultation with management;
- Actively promote continuous improvement to optimise service to residents;
- Manage the home’s overall well-being and wellness program holistically and collaboratively with management;
- Ensure the delivery of the physiotherapy process through effective resident entry, assessment, care planning and delivery, evaluation and exit in accordance with recognised professional standards;
- Participate in the monitoring and actioning of clinical indicator and incident
To be successful in your new role you will need to demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Physiotherapist;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and implementing physiotherapy services including rehabilitation and education within the residential aged care environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in maintaining and reporting on quality systems, continuous improvement and accreditation standards within the care environment, preferably aged and home care or health care system;
- Proficiency in IT skills including a high-level competency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Demonstrated experience with care plan development related to physiotherapy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate with people from various levels and positions within the organisational context;
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations and evidence based best practice relevant to aged care;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your time, whilst maintaining an impeccable caring service in a team environment;
- Willing and able to work within the Christian context and Living Care’s philosophy, vision and values;
- A certificate confirming flu and Covid-19 vaccination status;
- A Current Criminal Record Check suitable for aged care or be willing to obtain.
Remuneration is based on the current Fresh Hope Care Residential Care Enterprise Agreement. As an additional benefit there is a tax-free component of your remuneration available under the Public Benevolent Institution status.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Alternatively, for more information please contact Shauna Gill at Shauna.Gill@freshhopecare.org.au or on (02) 4478 9001.
Applications Close: Friday 15 June 2022 (close of business)