We are seeking experienced Enrolled Nurses to join our dedicated Health Services Team
Full Time and Casual roles available
Visa Sponsorship Available for AHPRA holders
Attractive rates starting from $44.98 - $46.98 per hour + penalties
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. For more information, please visit: www.geogroup.com.au
We are currently looking for a number of passionate and driven nurses to join our dedicated Health Services Team, being led by our new team of Senior Health Managers. Our focus is to build on your clinical confidence, and create an engaged workforce, with a work/family friendly balance and provide a supportive environment that covers clinical and best practices. Our Organisation aims to provide the best working conditions for our Employees. This is an exciting time to join The GEO Group!
Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for delivering comprehensive, professional and quality nursing services within a Correctional setting, working 8-hour shifts across all days of the week, on a rotated basis.
Our work is fast paced and your role could include emergency care, coordinating and delivering nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities, liaising with interdisciplinary teams, coordinating care, conducting health care assessments, and dispersing prescription and non-prescription medications.
To obtain further information about this role and to download the position description, please click on the above 'Apply' button, to be redirected to our website.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Medication endorsement by the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia (NMBA).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate patient care.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the professional practice within the unit.
- Demonstrates basic level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, GEO’s EOWA plan and Workplace Health and Safety principles
- Good communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and cultural awareness.
- Resilience - some patients could be confronting.
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY RESPECT ACCOUNTABLE AGILE INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- Access to a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs, including access to study leave.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
Competitive rates are on offer for Permanent Shift-work Nurses. A further 25% loading applies to hourly rates for Casual engagement. To view the table of rates, please click on the above 'Apply' button - to be redirected to our website.
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is now mandatory for all our employees to have had both Covid-19 vaccinations, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre (you will be asked to attach your evidence to your application).
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our Health Services Manager, Ross Shackleton on (02) 5905 6483.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply