This is a great opportunity to work independently to deliver high quality oral health services in an integrated model of care to eligible adult and paediatric clients at dental clinics located within the West Moreton Health Service catchment.
• Permanent / Fixed Term Temporary, full-time & part-time opportunities
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community – Follow this link
About this role
In this role you will, demonstrate a commitment to excellence by providing high quality, evidence based dental treatment (including good diagnostic skills, prioritisation of treatment and clinical skills) within the designated service area. As the Dentist you will, provide leadership to the dental team to promote a work culture that supports the implementation of patient and family centred care.
- Experience in the provision of all aspects of general practitioner oral health services including comprehensive knowledge of Infection Prevention practices to enable comprehensive service provision to clients who are eligible for treatment.
- Experience in the provision of high quality patient oral health care on a personal and population basis. Ability to understand and respond to patient needs. Ability to manage client complaints and expectations.
- Well developed management and supervisory skills – to manage the small team of clinician and assistant, as well as manage patient referrals from Oral Health Therapists and Dental Therapists where needed. Understanding and ability in the provision of contemporary leadership principles, including Queensland Health Leadership Qualities Framework, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Appraisal and Development and best practice.
- Ability to innovatively analyse, identify and resolve issues and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Well-developed ability to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with team members, clients and internal and external stakeholders.
For more information regarding the key responsibilities of the role and how you will be assessed, please refer to the attached Role Description.
- Attractive salary;
- 17.5% annual leave loading;
- Generous Superannuation contributions;
- Salary packaging;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Career progression; and
- Access to Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21 and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
- Ability to take Intra Oral Radiographs under the Radiation Safety Act 1999, with an appropriate authority within Australia.
- Appropriate certification under the Credentialing and Scope of Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association within Australia - AHPRA. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
To apply you will need to download and read the role description and information package, please provide your CV or resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
To hear more about our Health Service please watch the video below:
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.