The Radiographer is responsible for:
Performing basic imaging examinations to produce images of the highest diagnostic value possible whilst using ionising radiations, both in general and fluoroscopic radiography.
Ensuring compliance with the ‘as low as reasonably achievable’ (ALARA) principle whilst using ionising and non-ionising radiation to provide images.�
Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
The Radiographer is responsible for:
- Performing basic imaging examinations to produce images of the highest diagnostic value possible whilst using ionising radiations, both in general and fluoroscopic radiography.
- Ensuring compliance with the ‘as low as reasonably achievable’ (ALARA) principle whilst using ionising and non-ionising radiation to provide images.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Multiple positions. Permanent, full time and part time, shift work,position working up to 76hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$64,072 to $98,027 pro-rata, per annum + 10% superannuation+ access to salary packaging
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $724 per annum or the ability to accrue funds for up to five years.
- Post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable.
Salary range is in accordance withthe Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
(03) 6166 8363
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.