- Join our General Surgery and Regional Neurosurgical Service based at Auckland City Hospital in a permanent, full-time role
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi| The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced New Zealand registeredPhysiotherapistto join our Physiotherapy team in a static role within the areas ofGeneral surgery and Neurosurgery.This is apermanent, full-timerole based atAuckland City Hospitaland offers the opportunity todevelop your capabilitiesand work within a great team including working across our other acute specialist services such as;general surgery,liver and renal,urology,orthopaedicsandvascular.
- Managing a clinical caseload providing comprehensive and evidence-based care to general surgical patients on the acute ward and neurosurgical patients within the high dependency unit and acute ward
- Working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Playing an active role in quality improvement within the clinical areas
- Being prepared to take on delegated responsibilities from the practice supervisor as required
- You may also be required to participate in our weekend and on-call roster
This role sits within the acute surgical team and encompasses the management of patients with a wide range of presentations including but not limited to elective abdominal surgeries, trauma, traumatic brain injuries, subarachnoid haemorrhages, tumour resections and spinal surgeries.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 3-4 years of clinical experience working in a hospital setting preferably with experience in general surgery and/or neurosurgical setting
- Proven experience in student supervision / teaching and training (advantageous)
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This video will provide further insight into the role
For more information about this role please contactHannah Zuhir (Clinical Lead Physiotherapy - Clinical Support)onHannahZ@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Whyyou willenjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals - Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer,please click here
- Receive thorough orientation and excellent support from experienced practitioners
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including an in-service training programme
- Peer reviews and professional supervision
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes:Friday, 8 July 2022 at Time 11:59 pm(New Zealand standard time).
To applyplease click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more informationImmigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contactElismha Lubbe-Recruitment ConsultantatElismhaL@adhb.govt.nzquoting ref#ADHB14839to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visitwww.kiwihealthjobs.com