St John Ambulance, a trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 138 years. Currently, St John Ambulance (SJAV) has two clinical services streams. Our Event Health Services team provides first aid and pre-hospital care to patients at events across the State of Victoria. The Non-emergency Patient Transport (NEPT) team provides care to patients being transport to or from hospital. Excitingly, it is the intention of the organisation to expand its services to deliver additional allied health services in the future.
The Manager Clinical Governance & Performance (MCG&P) will provide clinical leadership for the organisation by supporting and coordinating the application of the organisation’s clinical governance framework, clinical governance systems, and the identification and management of clinical risk.
Reporting to the CEO, the MCG&P will drive and deliver a safe, person-centred approach to service delivery by working closely with the appropriate SJAV clinical teams. Activities include; coordinating internal audits and reporting on clinical practice, ensuring and communicating regulatory compliance requirements, and working with stakeholders to embed the clinical governance framework principals. The MCG&P will support the effective functioning of the respective clinical advisory committees, attend committee meetings and prepare and present reports.
The MCG&P will also provide direct support to the Board’s Clinical Governance Committee, assisting the Chair as needed and presenting reports on the agreed clinical governance Key Performance Indicators and clinical risk management. As a direct report to the CEO, the MCG&P will bring to the attention of the CEO and Executive, any emerging clinical issues and ensure there are appropriate clinical governance processes in place.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- In-depth understanding of Clinical, Compliance and Assurance frameworks.
- Understanding of the Non-emergency Patient Transport Act and Aged Care Act in relation to clinical, compliance and quality assurance.
- Experience in clinical auditing and identifying and delivering patient experience improvements.
- A proven background in a clinical compliance or governance role.
- Experience as a clinical health practitioner with a current practicing certificate and APRHA registration.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with management and staff to encourage a spirit of commitment and teamwork.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, managing and mitigating risk
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Organised with the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, with the ability to think outside the square.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- The ability to deal with sensitive situations, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel and Outlook.
Interested in joining our team?
We would really value you taking some time to send us an up to date resume with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to be a positive contributor to our team.
You can apply by clicking on the link or be sending your details to our People and Culture Recruitment Team on email email@example.com.
Don't delay - applications close 18 August 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.