Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist Fixed-term and Casual Employment Register
A fixed-term employment register is not a vacancy and inclusion on a register does not guarantee any offer of employment will be made.
The Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist Employment Register is established to provide the Department of Health with a pool of experienced and skilled people who are able to work at short notice. Interested persons are able to submit their application to be considered for Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist duties on a fixed-term basis.
This Register will remain open to applicants until30 June 2024 and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Please note that the Register will not preclude other Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist positions being advertised if warranted. Current vacancies are available on the job.tas.gov.au website.
The Oral Health Therapist/Dental Therapist provides the following duties within their registered scope of practice:
- Provide dental care for eligible clients of the Children’s Dental Service of Oral Health Services Tasmania (OHST) in accordance with the scope of practice outlined by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Dental Board of Australia).
- Provide health education and health promotion and preventative programs for clients, their families or carers, communities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide dental services for eligible adults in accordance with the scope of practice outlined by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Dental Board of Australia) as prescribed by a Dental Officer.
- Registered with the Dental Board of Australia
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
TheHead of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1) Conviction check in the following areas:
a) Crimes of violence
b) Sex related offences
c) Serious drug offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty.
2) Identification check.
3) Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.