Dental Assistant Fixed-term and Casual Employment Register (Statewide)
The Dental Assistant Employment Register is established to provide the Department of Health with a pool of experienced and skilled people who are able to work at short notice. Interested persons are able to submit their application to be considered for Dental Assistant duties on a fixed-term basis.
This Register will remain open to applicants until 30 June 2024 and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Please note that the Register will not preclude other Dental Assistant positions being advertised if warranted. Current vacancies are available on the job.tas.gov.au website.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for maintaining clinical standards in dental assisting by:
- Providing a range of support including clinical chairside assistance, administrative and clerical activities, and sterilisation and infection control practices.
- Providing training and assistance to less experienced staff undertaking a traineeship.
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent qualification
TheHead of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1) Conviction check in the following areas: a) Crimes of violence; b) Sex related offences; c) Serious drug offences; and d) Crimes involving dishonesty.
2) Identification check.
3) Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Please note: For some roles you may be required to undertake a Working with Children Registration.
- Current driver's licence
- Current First Aid Certificate Level 1
How to apply
You are asked to address the selection criteria within the relevant Statement of Duties.Please click the Apply Now button to submit your application.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.