Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $65,692.82 - $92,236.06 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ300969
Applications close: 04/09/2022
What you will be doing:
A registered nurse will work collaboratively to provide safe, compassionate, person-centred health care in collaboration with patients, families, carers and multidisciplinary teams .
- Practice in accordance with legislation, common law, Registered Nurse Standards for Practice, the Code of Professional Conduct and maintain registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Assess, plan, prioritise, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary health care team to meet defined patient/client care objectives within agreed timeframes.
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues relating to patients/clients, colleagues and NBMLHD
- Respond effectively to emergency situations, the changing status of patients/clients, clinical concerns, adverse events, critical incidents and complaints.
- Act as an advocate to assist patients/clients, families and carers, make informed decisions in relation to their Health Care needs, treating them with respect and responding to their needs. Act as a role model by demonstrating behaviours and interacting with patients/ clients, their families/carers and colleagues that reflect NSW Health CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment
- Maintain clear, concise contemporaneous patient clients / records that meet legislative requirement to ensure continuity of safe patient care.
- Effectively communicate with patients, consumers, carers and the multidisciplinary health care team to ensure the provision of safe, compassionate quality care.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge and skills consistent with the role of a registered nurse. Be responsible and accountable for clinical practice, training and education activities, critical reflection, professional development and performance review in order to continuously improve the level of service provided to patients.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD):
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a great place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.
NBMLHD is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
What we can offer you:
Being the largest employer in the region we can offer salary packaging options, educational opportunities and support from a broad network of health professionals. With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with NBMLHD Health gives you access to a great range of benefits:
- Sustainable Healthcare:?Together towards zero
- Proximity to shopping and other services
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) each month (for full time employees)
- 6 weeks annual leave each year (for Rotating Shift nurses)
- Superannuation contributions
- Salary packaging options
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
Salary packaging is beneficial to most Nepean Blue Mountains Health staff. You can potentially salary package a range of your personal expenses including but not limited to novated motor vehicle lease, relocation expenses and HECS/HELP debt. Find out more information by contacting?Smartsalary via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 476 278.
An eligibility list may be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases:
If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive?PD2020_017. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy
All NSW Health workers are now required to have received 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
To be eligible for employment with NBMLHD you must be: an Australian Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia. If you currently hold a temporary visa that allows you to live and work in Australia you may only be offered employment in line with the conditions and expiry date of your visa.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position or go to https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/registered-nurse-close-observation-step-down-unit-blue-mountains-hospital-perm-ft-313677
For role related queries or questions contact Anthony Tolentino on Anthony.Tolentino@health.nsw.gov.au