Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $33.13 - $46.51 per hour
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ307017
Applications Close: 04/09/2022
What you will be doing:
Your role as a Registered Nurse is to ensure optimal outcomes for patients/clients and carers of the service through the promotion of best practice including the appropriate escalation of care.
You will work collaboratively utilising effective team communication with members of the multidisciplinary health team in the planning, implementation, assessment and evaluation of patient care and act as an advocate for the specific needs of all patients/clients and carers including those from the indigenous population or other multicultural groups providing appropriate care to the patient/client undergoing specialised procedures.
You will maintain and promote a professional standard evidenced by ethical nursing practice, adherence to the policies and procedures of the Nursing and Midwifery Service, NBMLHD and the appropriate legislation and statutory regulations and provide support and clinical preceptorship/mentoring to all staff and students. The Registered Nurse will effectively manage resources relevant to service.
An eligibility list may be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD):
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a great place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.
NBMLHD is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
What we can offer you:
Being the largest employer in the region we can offer salary packaging options, educational opportunities and support from a broad network of health professionals. With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with NBMLHD Health gives you access to a great range of benefits:
- Proximity to shopping and other services
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) each month (for full time employees)
- 6 weeks annual leave each year (for Rotating Shift nurses)
- Superannuation contributions
- Salary packaging options
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
Salary packaging is beneficial to most Nepean Blue Mountains Health staff. You can potentially salary package a range of your personal expenses including but not limited to novated motor vehicle lease, relocation expenses and HECS/HELP debt. Find out more information by contacting Smartsalary via email at email@example.com or on 1300 476 278.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases:
If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2020_017. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy
All NSW Health workers are now required to have received 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
To be eligible for employment with NBMLHD you must be: an Australian Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia. If you currently hold a temporary visa that allows you to live and work in Australia you may only be offered employment in line with the conditions and expiry date of your visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Current registration as Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA
- Demonstrated experience and clinical skill in Acute Care Nursing as a Registered Nurse (including completion of a new graduate RN program or equivalent experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated experience and clinical skill in general nursing
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care
- Demonstrated effective communication skills-written and verbal
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Ability to work a flexible roster including day, evening and night shift across all days of the week according to the unit/service requirements.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position or please go to Registered Nurse - East Wing Blue Mountains Hospital - Perm FT and PT - NSW Health Careers
For role related queries or questions contact Anthony Tolentino on Anthony.Tolentino@health.nsw.gov.au