- Experienced Dental Assistant - Receptionist
- Monash Health Dental Services- Berwick/Pakenham sitePerm.
- Gain satisfaction fromthe positive difference that our program makes
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
- Permanent Part-time (2 Days per week)
Monash Health provides integrated healthcare services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne. Through Monash Community, we deliver Dental Health Services covering all aspects of general dentistry and emergency treatment for both adult and child patients. We are a busy and dynamic service, with 30 dental chairs located across seven sites in the Cities of Greater Dandenong, Casey and Kingston and the Shire of Cardinia.
We are now looking to engage a highly motivated Dental Assistant/Receptionist to join our team at Cranbourne Site.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, you will work closely with a committed and passionate team. You will be the first point of contact both over the phone and face to face with patients so your presentation and communication will be key to your success.
The role will challenge and develop your skills. Ongoing training and professional development will be provided.
The position involves:
- Chairside assitance
- Sterilisation and maintaining infection control standards
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this important role you will ideally possess the following:
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- Full understanding of infection control procedures and tracking systems
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of dental procedures
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- High level communication skills with attention to detail
Previous experience with Titanium software would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
What’s on offer
This role offers you the chance to make a real contribution to the dental care we provide to a broad range of clients across south-east Melbourne. As an important member of our committed team, we can offer you
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Ongoing professional development as you increase your skills
- The ability to access one day off per month
- Salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
As an additional incentive, you may also have the opportunity to work in the Private Dental Clinic.
If you’re looking to progress your Dental Nursing career in an environment where you can make a real difference, send us your application today!
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity, and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will bemade.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
To comply with Victorian Public Health directions, all employees working in the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. To support your application, and to be compliant with any public health orders in place at the time of, and during, your employment, you will be required to upload evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence is a copy of a Government Official Immunisation History Statement or Digital Certificate showing all vaccination dates. It is a requirement of Monash Health to collect, record and hold vaccination information. Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who can provide acceptable evidence that they meet full vaccination status.