:TemporaryPart Time (up to 12 months)
:Dental Assistant Grade 1
:$29.62 - $31.76 per hour
Where you'll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of 'better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond' and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you'll be doing
To provide assistance to the clinician in providing a high standard of oral health care, to the patients of Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD).
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit: https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Westmead hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Qualifications: Certificate III in Dental Assisting or recognised equivalent/current enrolment in the course.
- Recent, adequate experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to assist the clinician in a four-handed environment, with a variety of dental procedures including general and specialised care.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective infection control procedures in all aspects of Dental Assisting.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in dental charting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to work in a large, multidisciplinary team, and be able to liaise effectively with a range of individuals including fellow health care workers and the general public.
- Excellent organisational, time-management and problem- solving skills.
- Evidence of Diversity claim: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Hayley Dixon on Hayley.Dixon@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 9th August 2022