Your new team
Orygen Specialist Program provides mental health services to young people aged 15-25 and their families/carers in Melbourne's northwest and western suburbs.
Our Inpatient Unit includes a 16-bed low dependency area and a 6-bed targeted specialised service delivery area for youth with complex mental and psychosocial needs.
Your new role:
- Assist NUM and Team Leaders in developing, maintaining and evaluating the specialist bed-based program
- Focus on the ongoing reduction of Restrictive Practice within the IPU
- Demonstrate and uphold best practice nursing care and recovery standards
- Collaborate with the NUM, Team Leader and Nurse Educator and contribute towards an appropriately skilled workforce including: mentorship, particularly to early career clinicians; bed-based nursing development in order to address priority issues
- Provide inclusive and sensitive practice to young people and their families/carers from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTQIA backgrounds
What you’ll get in return
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain clinical programs, which impact IPU nursing services
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert clinical consultancy and dissemination of key information across a range of key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated clinical leadership within mental health nursing with proven ability to mentor and develop the mental health-nursing workforce within a coaching framework
- Knowledge and application of contemporary theories and techniques of practice that underlie mental health care and management of challenging behaviours
Orygen – leading the revolution
- RPN5 + monthly ADOs + employed by Melbourne Health under Mental Health EBA + 10.5% super + salary packaging
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change - career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
Imagine a future with unlimited potential. A future where every young person enjoys optimal mental health as they grow into adulthood. At Orygen, this is our life’s work, because we passionately believe it’s what all young people deserve.
Every step of the way, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do. Always. Through world-leading research that creates change. Through pioneering reform that delivers real-world practical solutions. Join the revolution
If you’re keen to join Orygen and be part of our team challenging the status quo and reshaping the future for young people, apply now. Please see link for position description:
Applications will close on 15 August 2022, unless a suitable candidate is found sooner. Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.