Facility:Aged Care Assessment Team, Bulli District Hospital
The key role is to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive Aged care assessments, referral, support and information to patient/client/carer of clients regarding services that require access to Australian commonwealth funded aged care placement or alternate services. The role also contributes to the formulation of care plans to meet the needs of the elderly person and their carer, according to Department of Health and Aging ACAT guidelines. The role aims to provide efficient, effective, consistent and timely assessment of clients. It ensures that there is a uniformity and equity of access for patients in acute care facilities as well as community clients who require ACAT assessments for Residential Care, entry to TACP, or community packages whilst working within the legislative requirements of the Aged Care Act 1997.
There are two temporary positions available:
- Temporary Full Time, 38 hours per week maternity relief position until 1 June 2023 with the possibility of an extension at same/reduced hours.
- Temporary Part Time, 36hours per week position until 2 July 2023 with the possibility of an extension subject to funding.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement with NSW Health OR provide an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to securing this role. Please also provide proof of booster vaccination, if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future TemporaryFull-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2020_017 before employment can commence.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required.Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Current registration to practice as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board, AHPRA.
- Current class C NSW drivers licence or equivalent.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated discipline specific clinical experience working in relevant aged care setting and proven ability to undertake comprehensive aged care assessments and formulate, and implement appropriate care plans for older people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aged care programs and services, recent /relevant aged care reforms, and residential placement requirements.
- Demonstrated high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Evidence of knowledge and commitment to the application of quality improvement and evidence based practice to occupational therapy.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Lynne Yates on Lynne.Yates@health.nsw.gov.au