In line withGovernment Sector Employment Rule 26(GSE 26) this position is targeted to Aboriginal people to improve their general employment opportunities / outcomes. Aboriginal people are encouraged to applyand where found suitable will be given higher priority. Aboriginal applicants may have to cite their Aboriginality in addition to the selection criteria. Information to assist you with your application can be found on the NSW Health Stepping Up website -www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au
About the opportunity
A fabulous opportunity is available to join the Aged Care team in the new building at Nepean hospital full time or part time positions available.
We are looking for highly dependable and passionate team members who will assist in the success of the local health community. Come and take part. Apply now!
A career at Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
At Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We believe that a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce is the key to delivering a safe, efficient, integrated health system for our patients and the communities we serve, now and into the future. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
When you join Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, you’ll become part of a passionate group of people who are making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. We are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
Our employees have access to a range of benefits to help balance their life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
Take a look at what may be available to you and how we’re making NSW Health a great place to work for everyone:
• Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport which provides access to 350+ gyms, pools and recreational centres across NSW at a competitive rate.
• Staff can access up to $2,180 extra per year in their pocket through salary packaging pre-tax expenses and novated leasing to help save money on the purchase of a vehicle and running costs. Click here for more information:https://www.smartsalary.com.au/
• Support for staff to explore further learning and development opportunities
• Higher duties and secondments give staff the opportunity to act in another position while offering a challenging experience to help our employees gain new skills and knowledge
• We recognise that a workplace culture that supports flexibility helps puts our staff in a better position to be able to meet customer expectations while assisting employees to balance their work, life and family needs.
• The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to our employees and members of their family. It gives our staff access to free confidential professional counselling services for work and personal matters.
• To keep everyone healthy during flu season, we provide an annual flu vaccine free of charge to all employees
An exciting look at Nepean Hospital’s Redevelopment and expansion
If this position is of interest to you please apply now, by creating a profile and submitting your application electronically by clicking the "Apply Now" button. You will be required to include the following documents with your application;
• Current resume of no more than 5 pages
• Address your suitability for the position by responding to each of the selection criteria
• Upload evidence of registration as required
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment only seeks information relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job. It remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
All NSW Health workers are required to comply with the NSW Public Health Orders in relation to COVID-19 vaccinations or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. Applicants must provide a record of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Selection criteria to be addressed:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1 with AHPRA
- Demonstrated experience and clinical skill as a Registered Nurse (including completion of a new graduate year or equivalent experience working as a registered Nurse).
- Demonstrated capacity to provide effective nursing care that is person centred, family inclusive and culturally sensitive to people accessing health services.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work
- Demonstrated effective communications written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work a flexible roster, day evening or night shift across all days of the week.