The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing clinical and administrative assistance in all aspects of dentistry within the guidelines set by the Dental Assistants State Award.
The Dental Assistant will promote attendance and assist with the follow-up of individuals and their families in relation to Dental Health programs
- Dental Assistants certificate of proficiency up to Certificate Level III or equivalent; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated high level skills, knowledge and ability to provide dental assisting to dental clinicians for all patients.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of current Dental Infection Control procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people including co-workers, patients other health professionals.
- Demonstrated understanding in meeting performance objectives set by management.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dental team.
- Current valid and unrestricted NSW drivers licence, and willingness to travel and work in various locations within the network.
- Computer literacy skills, including experience with electronic patient records and other office applications.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Tammy Schein on Tammy.Schein@health.nsw.gov.au