Spencer Clinic is a 19 Bed Acute Mental Health Inpatient Unit sited within the THS North West, Burnie Campus Tasmania.
Spencer Clinic Inpatient Unit is sited within the THS North West, Burnie Campus. We are a 19 Bed Acute Mental Health Unit which includes 3 High Care beds.
Benefits of working with Department of Health/Mental Health
You will be privileged to walk alongside our consumers, their friends and families in their recovery journey. Nurses working in mental health describe a real sense of ‘making a difference’ in their day to day work. No two days are the same in mental health. Some days may be structured with planned appointments or 1:1 time, others may involve responding to an emergency and thinking on your feet. We’ll make sure you’re fully inducted and welcomed into our team.
In accordance with Primary Health Care Principles, National Standards, Agency Directions, policies, legal requirements, and professional competencies the Registered Nurse will:
- Utilise a problem solving approach and established nursing procedures in the delivery of direct nursing care.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team to ensure the delivery and evaluation of nursing care.
- Complete the Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing (Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing).
- Provide nursing care within the scope of practice for a registered nurse and a beginning practitioner in Mental Health Nursing.
- In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team provide clinical case management to a designated number of clients.
- Using a primary health care focus, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care in conjunction with the client/patient /resident, family and other members of the health care team.
- Utilise Australian and New Zealand College of Mental Health Nursing (ANZCMHN) inc. Standards for Mental Health Nursing as a guide for clinical practice in Mental Health settings.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Fixed term, part time, shift work (fully rotational),position working 38 hours per fortnight, commencing from as soon as possible until 30 June 2024
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar part time and casual vacancies.
Mental Health Services – THS North West, Burnie Hospital Campus
Burnie is in located the North West region of Tasmania and the gateway to some of Tasmania’s most beautiful natural places and you are never far away from spectacular coastline or towering wilderness. Tasmania offers an affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. You are close to everything and the drive home from work is over in a few minutes, so you have a better work life balance – traffic jam is not a common term in Tasmania.
Learn more about our beautiful state here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
Base Salary: $67,982 to $93,964 pro-rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Enrolment in a post-graduate mental health nursing course
- Acceptance as a student in the relevant diploma or certificate program
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Nurse Unit Manager
(03) 6493 6458
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.