Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
The Elective Surgery Access Nurse (ESAN):
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Supports the designated specialty unit/s and coordinates the patient elective surgery care pathway.
- Is guided by policy, protocol and procedures developed and authorised by Department of Health (DoH) and the Department of Anaesthesia & Peri-operative Services.
- Has a key role in ensuring that patients arrive on the day of their procedure with all relevant documentation completed and a plan of care is in place.
- Works on a day to day basis with the specialty unit and liaises closely with the relevant Perioperative Units. The ESAN assists in the active, safe and consistent management of elective surgery waiting lists in accordance with the Improving Time to Treatment statewide policy.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time and part time, day work,position working up to 76 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$67,982 to $93,964 pro-rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation+ access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Possess or working towards relevant post graduate qualification
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Acting Nurse Unit Manager
0409 584 029
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.