Department of Health are seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator to join the team at King Island District Hospital
It’s different here.
Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
Today, as the rest of the world feels increasingly generic, our different-ness – our Tasmanian-ness – is among our most valuable assets. We invite you to be part of this special place, to quietly pursue the extraordinary, whether it be bushwalking, mountain biking or paddock to plate dining.
Tasmanian | The quiet pursuit of the extraordinary
The Clinical Nurse Educator - District Hospitals facilitates and supports the educational needs and development of the District Hospitals workforce. This involves:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating educational activities/programs to ensure they align with the educational plan and needs of the Agency and District Hospitals workforce.
- Promoting and facilitating the advancement of evidence-based practices within the clinical practice setting.
- Working within a practice development framework that fosters research, the implementation of evidence-based knowledge, person-centred and consumer directed care.
- Incorporating activities associated with transition programs, clinical practice placement programs and professional development programs in recognition of the requirements of the different clinical settings.
- Functioning effectively as a member of the clinical leadership team within the clinical practice setting.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
King Island District Hospital:
King Island is in the Bass Strait between Victoria and northwest coast of Tasmania, and is well-known for world class cheese, fresh seafood, very clean air, and incredible surfing and golf. Currie is King Island's largest town and administrative centre. Located on the west coast, there is a scenic harbor and fascinating history of shipwrecks and discovery that make it an interesting place for anyone. Area 1,098 square km and the population is approximately 1600 people.
King Island Hospital & Health Centre has four acute care beds, a palliative room with adjoining family room, two emergency rooms, Treatment room, outpatients consulting rooms, 14 permanent residential aged care beds providing high, low and respite care.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, shift work,position working 76hours per fortnight, commencing from October 2022.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- District Allowances of up to $2385.25 per annum for a family
- Remote and Rural Professional Development Allowance of $3,533 per annum and an additional salary allowance of 10%
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Base Salary: $102,080- $108,528 per annum
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated
- Diverse career pathways including opportunities for secondment into higher duties and access to higher duties allowance
- Otheremployment conditionsand allowances available under the Tasmanian Nurses Award and Agreement
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Current Driver's Licence
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds, or is working towards, relevant postgraduate qualifications
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
*As required by the Commonwealth Home Support Program and/or the Aged Care Act, occupants of this role are required to undertake a conviction check assessment every three years.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Director of Nursing
Phone: (03)6462 9900
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.