The Nurse Coordinator - Quarantine Hotels & Community Case Management Facility (QH & CCMF) provide a key communication link to enhance the flow of information between the client, Hospital Staff and other providers to support and assist the clinical management of clients in the QH & CCMF.
The Nurse Coordinator - Quarantine Hotels & Community Case Management Facility (QH & CCMF):
- Provide a key communication link to enhance the flow of information between the client, Hospital Staff and other providers to support and assist the clinical management of clients in the QH & CCMF.
- Supports the efficient and effective provision of client care by monitoring and coordinating clinical care as outlined in the Nurse Led Model of care for Community Case Management Facility using a defined referral process and standard operating processes.
- Work under the broad guidance of the Nursing Director and in line with current local and state-wide COVID-19 policies around the processes and management of clients in QH & CCMF.
- Effectively coordinate the allocation of resources as required to ensure safe care across the QH & CCMF state-wide in Southern Tasmania.
- Liaise with internal and external staff including Social Workers, Community Nursing, Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) staff, RHH COVID-19 Emergency Response Team, COVID-19 Emergency Coordination Centre and other agencies including Communities Tasmania, G.P Assist, Ambulance Tasmania and Tasmania Police to assist in the managing the clinical requirements of Quarantine Hotel & Community Case Management Facility clients.
- Act as a clinical resource for staff working in the QH & CCMF.
- Through effective triage and referral; coordinate clients clinical needs at the Quarantine Hotels & Community Case Management Facility providing timely care that is safe and appropriate for clients.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Fixed term, full time, shift work (fully rotational)position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible until 31 December 2022.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Royal Hobart Hospital
Learn more about our beautiful state here: https://tasmanian.com.au/
Base Salary: $94,491 to $99,870 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $750 per annum
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Relevant post grad qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role in a pandemic context
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nurse Manager – CCMF
Phone: 0436 948 625
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.