The Registered Nurse - Community:
• Consistent with ongoing experience strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals within the defined community practice area
The Registered Nurse - Community:
- Consistent with ongoing experience strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals within the defined community practice area
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Position is based at Westbury Community Health Centre but you may be required to work at Longford Community Nursing if and when required
- Community Nursing experience is desired as successful applicant will be required to work independently across the Meander Valley region and surrounding areas.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day worker Monday to Friday including public holidays, working 48 hours per fortnight,commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$67,982- $93,964 per annum + 10.5% superannuation+ access to salary packaging
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 - $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award/Registered Nurse, Grade 3-4
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6701 2160
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.