Provide leadership and expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of Stomal Therapy Care whilst fostering a culture of safety and learning for improvement.�
Within the application of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards, Agency policies, legal requirements and professional competencies, the Clinical Nurse Consultant - Stomal Therapy Care ensures the provision of high quality, accountable and measurable healthcare by:
- Providing leadership and expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of Stomal Therapy Care whilst fostering a culture of safety and learning for improvement.
- Advising and coordinating the inpatient and outpatient management and care of ostomy products.
- Fostering a culture that strives for excellence in safe patient care through collaboration, support, education, learning, research, and workforce development using a Safety and Quality Framework.
- Facilitating a patient safety ethos with all employees within Surgical and Perioperative Services to achieve an organisational culture in which patient safety and clinical risk management becomes an integral part of core business.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Multiple positions available - permanent, part time, day work,positions working 24 hours a fortnight, every second fortnight, commencing as soon as possible
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary:$102,080 to $108,528 pro-rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation+ access to salary packaging
Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service Agreement) 2019
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Post Graduate Allowance of up to 7.5% based on qualification type
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $375 per annum
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds, or working towards, Stomal Therapy postgraduate qualifications
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Nurse Unit Manager - General and Vascular Surgery
Phone: (03) 6166 8525
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in towww.jobs.tas.gov.auand look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.