Social Worker - Grade 1
- Permanent Full Time with Monthly ADO
- Maroondah Hospital Location
- $61,334 - $83,319.60 pa (paid pro rata) based on experience
- Supporting patients in Surgical and Orthopaedic services
- Generous salary + super + salary packaging
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the Role
This role provides a social work service to inpatients within the surgical services program at Maroondah Hospital.Itis a diverse and exciting role, with great opportunities for professional growth, where you will be supported by a dynamic social work team.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a clinical social work service to acute patients at Eastern Health
- Conducting comprehensive psychosocial assessments and discharge planning with patients
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and develop your skills inassessment, social work interventions and collaborative team work
- Have competency in psychosocial assessments, risk assessments,grief and bereavement support, residential processes, care planning, decision-making and discharge planning, as well as liaison with internaland external key stakeholders
- Assist in the development of services within the clinical stream by applying evidence based and client centred care within a multidisciplinary setting
- Experience a supportive environment that ensures structuredsupervision, professional development opportunities and engagement inresearch and quality activities
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of SocialWorkers
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced health environment
- Demonstrated expertise in working in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- A 'Can Do' attitude with flexibility, resilience, and excellent interpersonal skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role.An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive rangehere!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportiveteam
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry,apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact theTalent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**