• Multiple Fixed Temporary Full-time and Part-time opportunities up to 10 months
• This position is required to work as a part of a 7-day roster cycle which includes weekend work.
About the role
The Senior Social Worker will deliver clinical social work services to adults admitted to an acute Medical Admission and Planning Unit (MAPU) at Ipswich hospital. The position will provide leadership in the coordination and delivery of evidence -based Social Work services to achieve quality patient outcomes, safe patient discharges, and contribute to improved patient flow.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high level expertise and skills in delivering assessment, intervention and independent decision making reflecting evidence informed interventions to adults to ensure the maintenance of social work practice standards.
- Demonstrated high level of professional leadership using problem-solving skills applied to a complex caseload of adult inpatients and working across clinical streams and cross discipline involvement where appropriate, whilst exercising a high degree of independence and professional decision making.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills in providing multidisciplinary care in a complex environment including psychosocial assessments, management of clinical documentation, consultation advice, reports and high-level advocacy to contribute to service and caseload management within the team.
- Providing a high level of clinical leadership in the supervision and development of staff including supporting effective and highly accountable social work practice and active ongoing professional development.
- Providing high quality Social Work advice to assist transdisciplinary care by effectively integrating the social work perspective and collaboration as required to improve health outcomes.
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community – Follow this link
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
To hear more about our Health Service please watch the video below:
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.