The Medical Imaging Department at the Mackay Base Hospital has relief opportunities available for Senior Radiographer/Sonographer to join their team on a temporary full time and part time basis.
Working for the Mackay HHS offers all the benefits of coast and country living and the convenience of a growing regional city where you can pursue a wide range of interests and lifestyles in a secure, family friendly and culturally diverse environment.
Our Medical Imaging Department delivers a range of services including, General Radiography (CR) and (DR), Computed Tomography (CT) (Dual Source), Ultrasound, Theatre II, Interventional Fluoroscopy, Cardiac Catheter Laboratory and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
We have temporary full time and/or part time opportunities available within our team to cover periods of leave over the next 12 months with the below positions:
Senior Radiographer (Clinical Lead) – HP4
- Provide clinical education across multiple specialty areas of Medical Imaging.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of clinical skill, knowledge and experience in one or more areas of Medical Imaging in a hospital setting.
- Contribute to the advancement of quality medical imaging services and optimal patient care through provision of clinical service, leadership, quality improvement and clinical education.
Senior Radiographer/Sonographer – HP4
- Deliver high level medical imaging services by performing complex diagnostic examinations in Ultrasound and Radiography. Demonstrate clinical leadership and contribute to medical imaging training and education in specialist clinical service areas at Mackay Base Hospital.
Advanced Radiographer (Computed Tomography) – HP5
- To manage and be accountable for the MRI services at the Mackay Base Hospital on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide guidance and workplace instructions to all hospital staff to maximise safety of all attending the MRI suite.
Sonographer Team Leader – HP5
- Deliver advanced level Medical Imaging and Ultrasound clinical services to clients of Queensland Health in accordance with organisational goals, and professional leadership as a member of the Whitsunday Region Medical Imaging Services team.
- The position is responsible for the coordination, operation and leadership of Medical Imaging services at Proserpine, Collinsville and Bowen Hospitals.
- The position reports to the Medical Superintendent.
About Mackay HHS
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,600 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
How to apply
For full details of this roles and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Descriptions.
- If deemed suitable you will be contacted for additional selection processes (interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment.
- By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Mackay Hospital and Health Service, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online and supply the requested documentation by attaching to their online application. Applications remain current for 12 months (permanent roles) or for the duration of the vacancy (temporary roles).
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.